Enjoy wonderful walks and fantastic food in Aveyron, SW France
For groups of 4 to 8 people we offer customised holidays which include:
- accommodation in a luxury self-contained cottage with heated pool
- all meals including dining out at good local restaurants
- wonderful walks either guided or self-guided with maps and GPS
- sightseeing tours plus visits to markets and food/wine tasting
- Michelin starred restaurants and Gaillac vineyard tour options
- optional airport pick-ups from Rodez or Toulouse
- from €120 per person per day, minimum stay 4 days
We are situated in one of the most beautiful and unspoilt regions of SW France. Rolling countryside that flows between pastoral green hills, ancient oak & chestnut forests, and steep river gorges - fantastic for walking and wildlife. Come in spring to see the wild orchids or autumn to gather sweet chestnuts, fungi and figs. Any time of year is excellent for bird spotting.
Surrounded by fantastic scenery walkers are really spoilt for choice from meandering river valleys to more challenging ridge walks with a variety of terrain from broadleaf forest to limestone causse. All the nearby towns are medieval wonders, stunningly beautiful and steeped in history, yet remain practically deserted.
For food lovers this area is famous for cheese (Roquefort, Cantal, Rocamadour), pate de fois gras, confit de canard, cassoulet, charcuterie, saffron, and Gaillac wine. But more than these individual products, it is the traditional artisanal methods used to ensure quality, whilst keeping an ancient art alive, which is so attractive to those who appreciate the good things in life.